(1) Fourth and all subsequent Level II violations
(2) Failure to abide by consequences given for a Level II violation
(3) Continued willful disobedience or open and persistent defiance of proper authority
(4) Behavior on or off school property which is detrimental to the welfare, safety, or morals of other students or school personnel including behavior which creates a serious threat of physical harm to the child or to other children
(5) Willful destruction or defacing of school property
(6) Causing damage to school or personal property over $40.00
(7) Stealing money, private property, or school property worth more than $40.00
(8) Causing or attempting to cause damage to private property
(9) Defacing or vandalizing school employees’ property, either on or off the school grounds
(10) Sexual harassment of a very serious nature
(11) Possession or consumption of any alcoholic beverage at school or a school-sponsored activity
(12) Possession of a controlled substance, whether drugs prescribed by a doctor or illicit/illegal drugs
(13) Attending school or a school-sponsored activity under the influence of alcohol or an illegal drug
(14) Violation of criminal law, except for crimes of violence while at school
(15) Continued truancy
Steps to be Taken:
(1) Student is given due process.
(2) Parents are notified.
(3) Appropriate agencies, such as the police department, may become involved.
(4) Immediate in-school or out-of-school suspension for no less than three days and loss of daily points.
(5) Student completes schoolwork, but is docked daily participation grade in all classes.
(1) Student is ineligible for extra-curricular events for one-two weeks.
(2) Other discipline measures may be taken according to the severity of the problem.
(3) A Remedial Discipline Plan is implemented, if such a plan has not been formulated previously.
(4) After two Level III violations, the student is declared Habitually Disruptive and the District will begin expulsion proceedings.